St Cross College invites applications for this scholarship from students who will begin studying for a postgraduate research degree in philosophy and/or ethics (with a preference for the Philosophy of Mind or Neuroethics) at the University of Oxford in the academic year 2012-2013 and who list St CrossCollege as their first choice college on their Graduate Admissions application.
The Laces Trust Scholarship has a value of £3000 per annum to cover the annual College fee plus a small stipend and is tenable for three years coterminous with college fee liability. Applications should be received by the application deadline of Friday 1st June 2012.
The Scholarship is tenable at St Cross College only. Application forms can be downloaded or requested by email using the Contact Form (choose the category Academic and Admissions). Written requests should be sent to the Admissions & Academic Secretary, St Cross College, St Giles, Oxford OX1 3LZ.
For more information, please visit official website: www.stx.ox.ac.uk
INTERNATIONAL FELLOWSHIPS PROGRAMME
The Japanese Association of University Women takes pleasure in announcing its 2012 International Fellowships Programme for women who are carrying out or would like to carry out independent research or advanced study at the post-graduate level in Japan.
The period of the award will be for 3-6 months within the period 15 September 2012 to 31 March 2013. Please read the Guidelines below before applying on the application form provided.
AMOUNT OF FELLOWSHIP
500,000–1,000,000 Yen per grantee. The amount granted will vary depending on duration of stay in Japan and the nature of the work. One-third of the amount will be given to the grantee upon arrival in Japan.
PERIOD OF AWARD
For 3–6 months within the period 15 September 2012 to 31 March 2013.
- Applicant must be a citizen of a country other than Japan
- Applicant must hold an academic degree equivalent to the bachelor’s degree
- Applicant’s proposed plan of study or research must be one that will advance her professional competence and that requires being undertaken in Japan
- Applicant must be accepted by a Japanese institution at which she proposes to undertake study / research.
DOCUMENTS & MATERIAL TO BE SUBMITTED
- Designated Application Form
- Three letters of recommendation written by persons who are well acquainted with the applicant’s work. If she is a member of a National Federation or Association of IFUW, she may substitute one of the three persons with the president of her Federation or Association
- A copy of the letter of acceptance by the Japanese institution at which the applicant proposes to undertake study/research or other supporting documents
- Medical certificate of health
- Summary of published works (articles, theses, books up to three) in English.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION
For 2012-2013, April 20, 2012 – Postmark Deadline.
The committee will not accept any applications or supporting documents that are submitted after the deadline.
Completed application forms with all required documents and materials should be enclosed in one envelope and posted (e-mail not acceptable ) to:
Ms Kazuko Hirano
Chairperson of International Fellowship Committee
Japanese Association of University Women
11-6-101 Samoncho, Shinjuku-ku
Tokyo 160-0017, JAPAN
TEL:( 81 3) 3358 2882 FAX: (81 3) 3358 2889
For more information, please visit official website: www.afgwnsw.org.au
London School of Commerce (LSC) is the associate college of Cardiff Metropolitan University (CMU), a British reputable university providing internationally recognised degrees. As the associate college of the university, all degrees from LSC are awarded by CMU. LSC is fully accredited by the ASIC (Accreditation Service for International Colleges) and is a member of Education United Kingdom as well as one of the very first institutions in the UK to receive the UK Border Tier 4 status as ‘Highly Trusted’. LSC has approximately 7,000 students from 130 countries.
LSC has a mission of providing cost-effective education by giving a high quality standard of teaching from an internationally recognised university in the UK without the need to spend a large amount of money and time. At the moment, LSC is offering partial scholarships to 20 Indonesian nationals per intake. The enrolment at LSC group’s global campuses is conducted 3 times a year, giving the students flexibility of joining the programmes at the most convenient time.
There are many benefits of studying in LSC, all the lecturers are highly qualified and many of them are the authors of the textbooks and journals that will be used in the students’ study. Moreover, not only the students’ English language capability will increase, but also gives opportunities to interact with other international students to enlarge the students’ network.
The partial scholarship program is open to undergraduate, postgraduate and doctorate studies. The scholarship offers an up to 45% cut of the tuition fee and does not include the living cost as well as other expenses.
PT Multi Energi Selaras is the representative of London School of Commerce in Indonesia to recruit and help students to successfully further their studies in all LSC’s campuses globally. As the representative, we do not charge any consultation fee or any kind of fee regarding the students’ application to university.
BA (Hons) Business Studies
The BA (Hons) Business Studies Programme is designed to prepare students for entry level employment and future managerial positions in a variety of commercial, industrial and service organisations.
BSc (Hons) Computing
This undergraduate programme will introduce you to various areas of computer applications including latest developments in the Information Technologyindustry. Increasingly, employers see a computing qualification as a sign of a well-rounded ?academic background. ?Fast growing computing technology and information systems have become critical components of almost every enterprise. Companies want to recruit expert professionals who can applycomputer science principles, whilst simultaneously demonstrating business knowledge and application proficiency. The principle aim of the programme is therefore to endow you with the knowledge, skills and potential to embark on a career involving computer applications in the international environment.
BSc (Hons) Accounting (conducted at LSC’s division of SBL)
Professionals with degrees in Accounting are?in greater demand than ever, as companies of?all sizes are scrutinised by a larger number of stakeholders. The competitive pressures and new markets in the global economy require expertise in traditional accounting as well as the knowledge and foresight to help companies adapt to change and capitalise on opportunities. ?Medium forecasts through the next decade indicate that this demand for accountants will continue to grow faster than the national average for most other occupations. Greater regulatory pressure and substantial fluctuations in the economy will help create steady demand for those with extensive accounting training from accredited programmes.
The partial scholarship recipient will be given a 45% cut of the tuition fee. Thus the whole tuition fee will only be £6,950 for the whole 2 years duration of accelerated undergraduate studies.
Degree Foundation: £1,000 for students who do not meet the general requirement of direct entry to Undergraduate programme.
Other benefit is, for students who are under 18 years old or have not finished their final year studies, they can enrol to the Academic English and Degree Foundation studies at LSC’s Malaysian campus – Westminster International College, located in
Subang Jaya, Malaysia, which has already been approved by the Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia as well as accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency.
Partial scholarship recipients can further their studies to postgraduate level at LSC and receive additional scholarship toward their Master programme. The tuition fee for one year Master Programme will then only cost 2,950 Pounds. (Price subject to terms and conditions,m and school’s policy at times of application)
LSC has many Master’s degree programmes in the field of Business, Finance and Information Technology. The postgraduate scholarship deducts 45% of the tuition fee.
Thus the fees payable to the universities are:
MBA (Master of Business Administration) – is £3,950 (12 months) and is £4,450 (16 months)
The MBA programme is the biggest in Europe. LSC’s MBA programme has 4 specialisations in the field of General Management, Finance, International Business and Marketing thus giving students the opportunity to explore their interest.
MSc Information Technology – £4,450
This programme provides specialist teaching in the latest computing trends and corporate strategies for incorporating Information Technology change. For those with relevant experience who perhaps lack academic computer qualifications, it offers an opportunity to develop key IT skills and explore the use of technology in a business context.
MSc Management Consultancy is £3,950
This programme equips practicing and aspirant consultants with the essential professional practitioner’s skills and thinking tools to enable them to manage the client interface process and identify and analyse social, ethical and environmental issues to formulate integral solutions to conventional and complex management problems.
MSc International Tourism Management is £3,950
This programme is designed to enable students to develop concepts and theories relating to International Tourism Management, stimulate critical thinking and the use of multi-disciplinary perspectives to transform management problems into opportunities.
MSc International Hospitality Management is £3,950
This programme is designed to enable students to develop concepts and theories relating to the strategic development of business in this growing field while linking creative thinking with the use of new media and technology.
MSc Accounting and Finance (conducted at LSC’s division of SBL) is £3,950
SBL, a division of LSC, has developed a programme that will integrate the professional accounting qualifications into an MSc in Accounting and Finance. This will enable part-qualified accountants who have passed the ACCA Fundamentals or hold a CIMA Advanced Diploma, the opportunity to further their studies and obtain an MSc Accounting and Finance, whilst at the same time receiving assistance in completing their professional exams with ACCA, CIMA or AIA.
Registration and Application
The following documents should be prepared to apply to LSC’s direct entry undergraduate programme:
- Complete Application Form
- Passport Copy (must be Indonesian national, or foreign student currently studying in Indonesia full time)
- High School transcript/ IB Transcript/ A Level Transcript
- Personal statement
- IELTS/TOEFL results minimal of 6.0 with no component less than 5.5 (can be submitted in the later date if not available)
- Two (2) recommendation letters from school or previous employer (if any)
The application process will take 5 – 7 days. Scholarship test and interview will be held in Jakarta at PT Multi Energi Selaras office. After receiving the offer letter, in 14 days time students should make a direct payment to the university. We will be providing guidance and service to help student with scholarship application and UK student visa application.
Applications open from January 2012
FOR NON-ACCOUNTING COURSES
Deadline of June application: April 2, 2012
Deadline of October application: August 6, 2012
FOR ACCOUNTING COURSES
Deadline of April application: March 25, 2012
Deadline of August application: June 4, 2012
Because of the quota and a high level of interest, the application process will be conducted in a first come first serve basis, even if applying to the latest intake. All candidates will receive consultation and help during the process and will not be charged.
Scholarship test will be conducted at PT Multi Energi Selaras office at:
Wisma Sejahtera Suite 302
Jalan S Parman Kav 75
Slipi, Jakarta Barat
Studying in the UK especially in London is many students’ dreams, and London School of Commerce provides a way of achieving this dream with the partial scholarship given to excellent Indonesian students. Not only the best academic quality that LSC offers but also the real life experience that is priceless.
INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS
One full fee scholarship will be available.
- This award is only available to applicants who are liable to pay academic fees at the international fee rate. UK and EU candidates should apply for the Home/EU award.
- Applicants must usually hold at least a UK Upper Second Class Honours degree or equivalent plus an MA or MSc at Merit level or equivalent;
- Applicants whose first language is not English must meet the University’s English Language requirements;
- These awards are not open to individuals who have already been awarded a Doctoral degree.
- Awards must be taken up on 1 October 2012;
- The awards are available for new research students undertaking full-time study over a period of three years leading to the degree of PhD in the School of Politics and International Studies. Students who are already registered for research degrees are excluded from this competition;
- The award will cover academic fees at the international rate. There are no additional allowances for travel or research costs;
- The award will be made for one year in the first instance, renewable for a further period of up to two years subject to satisfactory progress;
- applicants will be expected to show that they have sought funding elsewhere
METHOD OF APPLICATION
- Candidates must complete all sections of the application form, using the space provided on the form and with strict observation of any word limits. Attachments (with the exception of degree transcripts) should be avoided. The Selection Panel will be at liberty to disregard any information that is not on the application form;
- The completed form should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org or the Postgraduate Office, POLIS, University of Leeds, Leeds LS2 9JT by no later than 1st June 2012. Applications submitted after that date may be considered subject to the availability of funding.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE & RESULT
Successful candidates can expect to be notified of the outcome of their application as soon as possible following the closing date.
Completed forms must be returned email@example.com or to the POLIS Postgraduate Office, University of Leeds, Leeds LS2 9JT by 1st June 2012. Please ensure that you use the space provided on the form – attachments are not permitted and all will be disregarded. In order to be eligible to apply for one of the above POLIS Postgraduate Research Scholarships, applicants MUST first submit a research degree study application form and be in receipt of a University BANNER ID number. Applications without a valid University Banner ID number will be rejected.
For more information, please visit official website: www.polis.leeds.ac.uk
Imprint your green ideas into action!
Be the next Bayer Young Environmental Envoy and a field trip to Germany may be yours
If you are a young Indonesian citizen with a passion for the environment, take up the challenge to become a Bayer Young Environmental Envoy!
BYEE Program now on its 9th year in Indonesia
The Bayer Young Environmental Envoy (BYEE) is a global environmental education program for the youth organized by Bayer and the United Nations Environment Programme with the aim of developing young environmental leaders and boosting the level of environmental awareness among the youth.
Children and relatives up to the second degree of consanguinity, or persons, whether they are related or not, living with any of the following are not eligible to join the contest:
Eligibility for entry
- Indonesian citizen, college/university student enrolled in any institution in Indonesia as of April 1, 2012 (students graduating in April 2012 are eligible to join)
- 18 to 24 years-old by September 1, 2012
- Actively involved in environmental activities or projects
- Willing to travel overseas
- Should be able to work well within a group
- Good oral and written English communications skills
Children and relatives up to the second degree of consanguinity, or persons, whether they are related or not, living with any of the following are not eligible to join the contest:
- Employees of Bayer, their agencies or independent contractors engaged in the project
- Individuals or companies engaged in the development, production, or distribution of materials for the project
How to join
The quality of life we experience today has been shaped by decisions that were made many years ago. It is important to strike a balance between the needs of developing our civilization and the ability of natural resources to support this growth. We begin to understand that land, forests, agricultural soils, open space, water, and clean air are resources that must be conserved and managed responsibly. Sustainable environmental practices are required to meet the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.
Write your individual proposal of a simple environmental project in your community or school which demonstrates that environmental protection and economic growth can go hand in hand.
Part I Abstract of your proposal (in Bahasa Indonesia) -max. 250 words Part II Project Proposal (in English)
- The current situation and environment related problems in your local area or school. -max. 250 words
- Current practical solutions to the problem that had been carried out by either government/industry/NGOs or your school/community -max. 500 words
- Your proposed personal project, including its objectives and deliverables, which will help to alleviate the problem. -max. 1500 words d. Resource requirements, such as budget, manpower, facilities, as well as institutions/groups involved. Please make sure that all necessary resources are within your reach. Compare resources and costs with the benefits you expect to gain. -max. 1 page
- The economic and environmental benefits of the project, and how your project reflects sustainable environmental practices. -max. 250 words
- When necessary, insert graphics, photos, diagram or any supporting visuals that explain the problem solving process that you propose.
- Proposal must be developed according to the specified format above, typed in Microsoft Word, Times New Roman 12pt, double-spaced.
- The proposal should not exceed 10 pages in total. Any relevant graphic, photos, or diagram must be incorporated in the proposal, NOT in separate files.
- Project proposals which are adaptations/upgrades of already existing projects are acceptable, but the entry will be judged solely on the basis of new elements introduced and their added value.
- Pre-existing work or accomplishments prior to the official start-up date will not be given any credit.
- While the project proposal should be the applicant’s own concept, the project itself may be carried out by any number of people, with the applicant taking significant role in its implementation.
- Copy/burn your project proposal to a CD. No need to submit a print-out of the proposal.
- Fill up the application form -can be fotocopied or printed from the website- and attach a 4×6 cm ID color photo of yourself.
- With the application form, attach the following personal documents (hard-copy):
- Certificate of cumulative GPA (IPK, minimum 2.5) from your institution.
- Copies of identification card (KTP/SIM).
- Endorsement letter from a faculty member OR the school academic department head OR college/university dean OR academic vice-president OR president.
- Proof of environmental award (if there is any) received.
Judging and selection
- Applicants will be shortlisted based on the content of their project, leadership and environmental know-how and involvements.
- A panel of judges will interview each of the shortlisted candidates to determine their intelligence and understanding of environmental issues, theircommunication and people skills, as well as the feasibility of their project proposals.
- Successful applicants who qualify for the final round will be required to attend an environmental live-in workshop called the BYEE Eco-Camp.
- Successful finalists should implement their respective projects starting June 1, 2012. A premature start-up of the proposed project will be ground for disqualification. The project must be completed or come close to completion by September 6, 2012.
- All charges for the travel, accommodations, and upkeep of interviewees and Eco-Camp participants will be shouldered by PT Bayer Indonesia.
- At the end of the Eco-Camp, the finalists will be asked to make a presentation before another panel of judges. They will be given the formal title of Bayer Young Environmental Envoy at an awarding ceremony.
- Two of these finalists will be declared as the Top 2 Bayer Young Environmental Envoys and will be given the opportunity to participate in a weeklong all-expense paid study trip to Germany on November 4 – 9, 2012.
- The judges’ decision is final for all aspects of the competition.
Please send complete application to:
PT Bayer Indonesia
MidPlaza I, 15th floor
Jl. Jendral Sudirman Kav. 10-11
All applications should reach PT Bayer Indonesia by May 4, 2012.
For further queries, please call (021) 570 3661 ext. 1176 or fax to (021) 570 3660.
For more information, please visit official website: www.byee.bayer.com
Peminat pada waktu menjalani research student diperbolehkan melamar ke program degree (S-2 / S-3 / professional graduate course) atau meneruskan program S-3 setelah menyelesaikan program S-2 / professional graduate course, apabila lulus seleksi tes ujian yang diberikan oleh universitas yang bersangkutan.
Peminat juga dapat langsung masuk ke program degree tanpa mengikuti research student apabila telah mendapatkan izin dari universitas yang bersangkutan. Beasiswa diberikan tanpa ikatan dinas, mencakup biaya kuliah dan biaya hidup.
- Lahir pada dan setelah tanggal 2 April 1978.
- IPK minimal 3.0 dari tingkat perguruan tinggi terakhir (atau nilai EJU minimal 260 dalam jumlah 2 mata ujian tidak termasuk Bahasa Jepang)
- Nilai TOEFL-PBT minimal 550 atau TOEFL-CBT minimal 213 atau TOEFL-IBT minimal 79 atau ekuivalen, atau nilai Japanese LanguageProficiency Test minimal level 2.
- Memilih bidang studi yang sama dengan disiplin ilmu sebelumnya.
- Bersedia belajar Bahasa Jepang.
- Sehat jasmani dan rohani.
Formulir dapat diambil di Bagian Pendidikan Kedutaan Besar Jepang, Konsulat Jenderal Jepang di Surabaya dan Medan atau bisa download dari halaman ini.
Formulir beserta dokumen yang diminta harus dibawa/ dikirim langsung ke :
Bagian Pendidikan Kedutaan Besar Jepang
Jl.M.H. thamrin No. 24 Jakarta Pusat 10350
Pendaftaran dibuka pada tanggal 2 April 2012 sampai dengan tanggal 2 Mei 2012.
Dokumen yang diserahkan:
- Application Form (bisa didownload)
- Field of Study and Research Program (bisa didownload)
- Foto 3.5 * 4.5 cm (ditempel pada application form, foto 6 bulan terakhir)
- Copy transkrip nilai yang dilegalisir
- Copy ijazah yang dilegalisir atau surat keterangan lulus
- Surat rekomendasi dari Universitas (form bisa didownload)
- Surat rekomendasi dari tempat bekerja bagi yang sedang bekerja (form bisa didownload)
- Abstract of Theses
- Foto hasil karya/rekaman bagi yang memilih bidang seni
- copy hasil nilai TOEFL
- Semua dokumen harus dalam bahasa Inggris/Jepang
- Semua dokumen harus dibuat copy sebanyak 4 buah
- Semua dokumen yang diberikan tidak dapat dikembalikan
Form-form yang dapat didownload dari sini adalah :
- Application Form
- Field of Study and Study Program
- Recommendation Form
- Kedutaan Besar Jepang melakukan seleksi dokumen, dan akan memberitahukan kepada mereka yang lolos 1 (satu) minggu sebelum ujian tertulis. (Kurang lebih 100 pelamar dipilih melalui seleksi dokumen ini.)
- Ujian tertulis Bahasa Jepang dan Bahasa Inggris akan dilaksanakan di Jakarta, Surabaya, atau Medan pada tanggal 18 Juni 2012 (Bahasa Inggris sebagai ujian pilihan. Nilai yang lebih tinggi akan dipakai untuk pertimbangan seleksi).
- Wawancara akan diadakan di Jakarta bagi seluruh peserta ujian tertulis pada pertengahan bulan Juli 2012 sampai selesai , sesuai dengan jadwal yang sudah ditentukan oleh Kedubes Jepang (biaya transportasi dan akomodasi tidak disediakan Kedubes Jepang).
- Bagi yang lolos seleksi di Kedubes Jepang akan diberikan surat keterangan sbb:
- berkas formulir beserta dokumen yang telah diberi stamp Kedutaan Jepang,
- surat keterangan untuk perguruan tinggi di Jepang, dan
- lembar “Letter of Acceptance”.
Pelamar boleh memilih maksimal 3 perguruan tinggi untuk mendapatkan izin penerimaan sebagai mahasiswa program degree atau research student, atau “Letter of Acceptance” (izin penerimaan tidak resmi) sebagai research student.
- Untuk mencari informasi perguruan tinggi di Jepang, silakan lihat website Directory Database of Research and Development atau Asian Students Cultural Association.
- Harap mengirimkan surat izin atau Letter of Acceptance dari perguruan tinggi Jepang secepat mungkin ke Kedutaan Besar Jepang.
- Kedutaan Besar Jepang akan merekomendasikan peserta MEXT.
- Peserta akan menjadi penerima beasiswa jika lolos seleksi di MEXT.
Untuk keterangan lebih lanjut silakan menghubungi:
Bagian Pendidikan Kedutaan Besar Jepang
Jl. MH Thamrin no.24 Jakarta 10350
Telp. (021) 3192-4308 ext.175 atau 176
For more information, please visit official website: www.id.emb-japan.go.jp